Excellent Yukon Fishing
Fishing at Inconnu Lodge is excellent to say the least. Many major rivers and streams and a variety of incredible lakes are all within a thirty minute flight from the Lodge by float plane or by helicopter. Seven species of fish make their homes in the waters around the Lodge. Fly fishing, spin casting or trolling can land beginner to professional fisherman lots of activity in the 5 to 30 LB class.
Inconnu Lodge supplies all rods, reels, flies and lures at no charge. Each guide has an extensive assortment of gear for every guest and we use only the finest in fishing gear. While fishing with us, you will be using high quality Cortland Line Company 100% graphite fly, spin and troll rods, STH reels and all guides have a extensive selection of proven Yukon flies and lures for your use.
Guests planning to bring their own gear are advised to pack a medium weight rod with ten to twelve pound test for the lake fishing, as well as ultra light and fly tackle for the streams and rivers. Medium weight spinning gear will also give you some great sport on most of the nearby rivers. Utilizing chest waders lets you get to those hard to reach places, and are an added benefit - if you have a favorite pair, bring them along. A good stock of equipment and memorabilia is carried in the Lodge Store, selected especially for our area and waters, however, do not forget that we supply all rods, reels, lures and flies at no charge. You can pick up your Yukon fishing license at the Lodge Store.
Inconnu Lodge Fish
||5 to 25 lbs.
||5 to 15 lbs.
||1 to 3 lbs.
||3 to 8 lbs.
|Inconnu (Shee Fish)
||3 to 10 lbs.
The Catch and Release Gallery
Inconnu Lodge is devoted to sustaining and conserving all Yukon wild natural resources, and therefore operates on a "Catch and Release" basis. If you catch a trophy fish, we will photograph, weigh and measure your "Catch and Release" trophy in preparation for a replica mount, and release it so it may fight another day. We work with North Americas finest replica taxidermists Advanced Taxidermy.
Fishing Gear to Bring
GENERAL FISHING GEAR
- Chest Waders******
- Wading shoes*****
- Needle nose pliers
- 9 ft / 3 wt Rod for Grayling
- 9 ft / 6 wt Rod for Bull Trout and Lake Trout
- 9 ft / 8 wt Rod for Pike
- Reels and extra spools
- Fly lines - floating, sink tip, super fast sink
- Leaders - 0x, 1x, 2x, 3x
- Tippet materials in above sizes
- Strike indicators
- All purpose tool
Flies, Sizes #14, #12, #10 (Grayling)
- Surface - Black gnat, Irristables, Turtks Tarantiala's, Parachute Adams, Blue winged olives, Mahogany duns
- Sub-surface - Any bead head: Hare's ears, Pheasant tails, Prince nymphs,
Flies, Sizes 1X, 2X (Northern Pike)
- Surface - Mice, Frogs, Deer hair poppers
- Sub-surface - Deceivers (red/white, orange, black/white - anything with color and flash) Tarpon flies, Bunny flies in variuos colors, Red and White Whistlers
Flies, Sizes #8, #10, #12 (Lake Trout, Bull Trout)
- Sub-surface (Sizes 1X, 2X or 3X) - Bead head Wooly buggers, Bullheads, Olive sculpins, Clouser's deep minnows, black stone flies . Rubber legs work well on all the above flies.
* All flies must be single, barbless hooks
- Ultra light spinning rod with 4 - 6 LB test
- Medium weight spinning rod with 12 - 14 LB test
- Bait Casting rod with 12-16 LB test
- sinkers - bottom bouncers
- small snaps
- steel leaders 4"-6" (ideal for pike - longer ones do not work as well)
Lures (Lake Trout, Bull Trout, Northern Pike and Inconnu)
- Husky daredevils
- #4 Len Thompson's
- Jigs - 20oz., 3/25oz. in Marabou (yellow, chartreuse, white, black)
- Flat fish - T-50 and T-55, U-20 and L-9 250 (frog, chrome, yellow/black and Chubb)
- #2 Rooster tails (black/red)
- #1, #2 Blue Fox Vibrax (gold/silver)
- #2 Panther martins
- #1-3 Mepps spinners (red and white, silver, copper)
- #2 Len Thompson's or medium sized daredevils (orange/black, red/white)
- Surface lures (pike) Zera spooks
Lures (Arctic Grayling)
- #0-1 Mepps spinners
- #0-2 Panther martins
- #1 Blue fox (gold, silver)
Note: Best reels for trolling are level line reels. These are better than spinning reels. 8-15 LB test.
* Inconnu Lodge will supply at no charge all flies and lures.
*****Inconnu Lodge does not supply chest waders. We do recommend bringing your own chest waders and spin or fly rods.*****